The incorporation of selenium into the body’s proteins via amino acids, selenocysteine, or Glutathione peroxidase (GPx) enzyme inhibits and destroys naturally occurring peroxides that cause cell damage, which is why we use a food-form complex of selenium – primarily selenomethionine. This protects cell membranes, including cell walls, which is significant for muscle development.
The blood selenium content with supplementation of selenium yeast is 20% higher than sodium selenate (P<0.05). This indicates that dairy cows consuming high selenium yeast had a higher utilization rate than sodium selenate as an organic selenium source. In addition, selenium yeast is not easily affected by rumen microorganisms which allows for better digestion and absorption of selenomethionine. Its bioavailability is significantly higher than that of sodium selenite.
Our Excell High Selenium Yeast 2000 is produced at the same high quality standards as our human grade ingredients.
Why Selenium-Enriched Yeast White Paper
1. Newly released, peer-reviewed clinical research better defines the importance of selenium compounds from selenium-enriched yeast and why this is the preferred form.
2. The most recent 2014 study at Penn State by John Richie Jr. Ph.D. and Karam El-Bayoumy Ph.D. showed, for the first time, reductions in biomarkers of oxidative stress following supplementation with selenium-enriched yeast but not L-selenomethionine in healthy men.
3. Results from past clinical trials suggest that SelenoExcell, but not non-food forms of
L-selenomethionine, may be effective at reducing prostate cancer risk.
FIVE WAYS SELENIUM CONTRIBUTES TO A HEALTHY PREGNANCY
1. Selenium is needed for proper immune function. It changes into antioxidants in
the body, helping support immune function and regulate toxic free radicals in the
2. Selenium maintains healthy thyroid function, which is very important for energy
levels and strong development of a healthy baby. It also protects against thyroid
disease, which is relatively common during pregnancy.
3. Adequate selenium intake protects against serious pregnancy complications, such
as preeclampsia and pre-term birth.
4. Selenium can ameliorate the toxic effect of exposure to heavy metals, such as
cadmium and lead.
5. High maternal selenium status helps improve early infant neurological
development and may reduce the risk of the infant developing autism.
WE'D LOVE TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS
Paul A. Willis - CEO & Founder
Michelle Martin - President & COO
Pat Rounds - Controller